Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fragrance Review: Love N.1 Perfume Oil



I love fine fragraces and spritz them on with carefree abandon. However, in my heart-of-hearts, I prefer all natural ingredients whenever possible. Yes, I'm one of those "granola" mothers who steamed organic kale leaves and pureed them for my children's dinners when they were babies. I am a big fan of organic products, and I consider the use of organic ingredients in fragrances to be a definite "plus."

So I am happy to review a lovely perfume oil handcrafted of essential oils in a base of organic jojoba oil. Love No.1 is part of the Soul Collection (Love N.1, Heart N.2, Soul N.3) created by perfumer Andrea Kane.

It is comprised of Blood Orange, Tuberose, Pink Lotus, Turkish Rose, Cocoa Absolute, Cassia, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Vanilla.

The fragrance opens with a strong patchouli/sandalwood accord. After a few minutes, the light tuberose and lotus notes come floating up to the surface. Finally, the rose and cocoa notes hit their stride, balanced with a touch of vanilla. This fragrance has an overall sweet, warm and woodsy character. The drydown lasted about two hours, which on my skin is considered a relatively long time.

The sleek bottle is made by Verreries Brosse, the makers of the iconic Chanel No. 5 flacon.

This fragrance is available online at theorganicbeautyexpert

Cost: Parfum Oil (1/4 oz. $110), Eau de Parfum spray (2 oz. $120); Body Oil (6.7 oz. $85); and Whipped Body Butter (8.5 oz. $65).

image source: theorganicbeautyexpert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your mention in the Oregonian's featured blogger section! So cool! -Claire (fellow Oregonian)

christine said...

Thanks, Claire!

It was such a fun coincidence meeting you today -- and I love your blog (Claire's Beauty)!

Chris